Monday, July 25, 2011

Killin' It! (those 15 hour work days, I mean)

Ok, so I literally worked a 15+ hour day today (my first!) still working on that data entry project. All. Day. And it's still not done...

There were a couple perks... The Dove Chocolate Ice Cream Bar I let myself get midafternoon. The comradery that comes with working long hours with coworkers and getting slap-happy the later in the evening it gets. And the free cab ride home at 10:30 at night doesn't hurt either (I get to write up my first expense report for that tomorrow!). But the thing that helped me the most...today's killer outfit. I got it last Thursday when I went shopping with Diane. We went to Second Time Around on Newbury St. - a thrift store that has a lot of designer labels. My dress still had the tag on it...and it was only $20! I really didn't have the money to spend on it (still waiting for that signing bonus to come in) but I couldn't pass up such a good deal! So here's the outfit that got me through today:


Still looking (relatively) cute after a long day's work


Look at the detail on the top! It's what made me happiest... I got a TON of compliments on this dress today - so glad I got it!

Ok, seriously time for bed. Presenting this at 9 am to the managing team so I have to be there by 8 to prep. Nighty night :)

P.S. SHOUT OUT TO SHEILA WHO READS MY BLOG AND WHO COMMISERATES WITH ME FOR 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE :-D I promised you a shout and you got it! ;-)

[ Share on Pinterest ]

1 comment:

  1. WOWZA!! You are gorgeous! And the dress doesn't hurt matters either.....

    ReplyDelete