Saturday, July 2, 2011

Roadtrip!!!

So I've finally made it! Ever since I first came to Boston last October I've known that I wanted to live here... The city is so beautiful and there are so many things to do! I'm really excited to get started at my new job, which begins in a few days. It was a long trip to get to this point, though...


Look at that phenomenal parking job! I got it right in between the lines :)

Taking a break from loading up the truck

Finally on the road! Only 15 more hours to go...

It's amazing what you can see from the road

George Washington Bridge

NYC! I'll be back to visit for realz

Almost out of NY

We're getting close!!!

Finally made it to BOSTON!!!! We unloaded the U-Haul late Wednesday night and went to drop it off early the next morning. These were some gorgeous flowers along the way :)

I took Dad around town for a quick site-seeing trip. He only had 1 day in town so we hit as many of the major landmarks as possible. This is the Federal Reserve Building where I'll be working.

Man about town ;-)

I made it!

Downtown - the view from my building

It's awesome - can't wait to start work!

The State Building

Hangin' out in a cemetery...

Dad was intrigued by all the old tombstones

NOT Ben Franklin

Here lies Paul Revere

Pretty cool

Iiiiiiiiit's lunchtime! Heading in to Faneuil Hall

Dad chowing down on his Maine Lobster Roll - soooooooo good!

Oh yeah, that's yummy

Proud of himself for beasting that Lobster Roll

No trip to Boston is complete without a stop at Mike's Pastry

Pure happiness :)

Mmmmmmmm

Downtown is gorgeous!

Welcome to Chinatown!

Dad's purchasing his first red bean donut...

Mmm, I'm not so sure about this.

Famous Swan Boats in the park

Awww, duck family!

My new roommate Daphne and I headed to the mall in Burlington to go dress shopping... I needed a taste of home so I got a sweet tea while Daphne opted for a kid's meal :)

Daphne introduced me to a Korean grocery store (note the tagline in French - odd)

Lychee, a fruit - they're little prickly things

Beautiful peppers

Yep, you got it - it's from Korea!

Steamed octopus, anyone?

My first lychee - doesn't it look weird once it's peeled? It's really aromatic and kind of like eating perfume. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but it's different... Daphne is also going to make Kimchi, a spicy Korean cabbage, for me to try - so stoked!

All in all, it's been a great first few days! I'm still exhausted, but gradually catching up on rest/sleep. I can't wait for my first day of work on Wednesday!

[ Share on Pinterest ]

No comments:

Post a Comment