Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sometimes it just hits me...

...that my life is pretty great.

I think I get too caught up in the 'daily grind' - going to work, getting things done, running errands, hitting the gym, appointments, meeting friends - and I get so stressed out and tired...but then, quite often, it'll just hit me with this overwhelming force that I am absolutely loving where I am right now. It happened to me this evening as I was walking home from the T station. I got a lot done at the office today, I met up with a friend and had dinner and took a look at some furniture she's selling (and came away with a few free goodies - thank you Robyn!), and as I was walking home there was a movie playing on the lawn near the bike path and people were just sprawled out everywhere watching the movie projected on a make-shift screen and I thought to myself 'this is it - it can't get much better than this.' I love Boston, I love the people I've met, I love where I live, I love having a job, I love all the things I get to do - I am so grateful for all that I have going on in my life. As stressed as I've been the past few months, it's nice to be able to sit back and recognize how satisfied I am with how things are going. It's a hard feeling to describe, but let it suffice to say that it leaves me with 'warm fuzzies' inside.

I do have a few pictures to post mid-week...my friend Andy (from NC) is going to be up here this weekend and I'm sure there will be a ton of pictures from those shenanigans, so I wanted to get these posted:


Han introduced me to a new brunch place - Renee's Cafe. It's a cute little hole-in-the-wall type place with 'regulars' and sassy waitresses. I loved it!


I got 'Our Famous Lumberjack' - the waitress said 'oh we don't get many girls ordering that...you better finish the whole thing!' Little did she know....


Cute


OMG SO GOOD. Breakfast/brunch foods are my favorite


Monday morning tea time


Yes....you're reading that correctly. It's a 2 hour phone call. SHEW.


We had a big win to celebrate at CDU this past week. It's tradition to have a champagne toast for big wins...


...so cheers!


The bubbles tickled my no...(ok ok, I won't say it)


All the employees sign the champagne bottles and key team members on the deal get to keep them. It's tradition.


Walking home through the Boston Commons (no filter - just the shot from my phone camera)


With Instagram


Thought this was a cool looking/vintage-y truck


Tough time waking up Wednesday morning


Tried a new lunch place this week - they make Chilean sandwiches


Chicken, beef, avocado spread...


....tomatoes, hot sauce, muenster cheese...


...and green beans. (yeah...I don't know about that last one either)


On fresh-baked bread - pretty tasty


I seriously have the world's best roomies - Han made us a light dinner last night...James made me a wrap for lunch today. They're awesome!


Latest obsession - McD's coffee...way cheaper than Starbucks (and tastier too)


Vanessa got this for me - a free yoga app! Now I can put together my own yoga moves and have workouts on-the-go! 

Be sure to check back this weekend for more....Andy and I are supposed to go to the zoo, which is bound to lead to some amazing photo opps ;-)

[ Share on Pinterest ]

2 comments:

  1. Oh, NO you didn't! You DIDN'T!!! You got the frickin' Lumberjack? WITHOUT ME?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha - I promise we'll go there next time you visit!! :)

      Delete