Saturday, August 11, 2012

Life's a day at the beach

A week in the life of Em....


On my walk through the Commons on my way to CJ's...I *love* Boston


Dinner this week - haddock! Cooked by Mark :)


OMG they can cook...and CJ made THE BEST salad dressing every - all it takes is fresh lemon juice, quality olive oil, fresh chopped green onion, fresh minced garlic, and a touch of thyme if you have it (best if made a day ahead of time)


Her apartment always smells amazing because of this stuff - Green Tea & Lemon fragrance oil from The Body Shop. And it's only $5! Definitely bought some for my room...


Heading out - I look like I'm in high school


Walk home (felt like the scene from Harry Potter where Dumbledore turns out all the street lights)


Lunch next day - rice with fresh tomatoes and CJ's dressing on top (I'm salivating as I type)


Look at that! I ran 2 straight miles! Haven't done that in quite awhile...not the best time, but I'm getting there!


I assembled this Ikea shelf 97% by myself...it took me over an hour of blood, sweat, and tears...


...but we got a finished product!


Huge photograph in the living room


It's starting to come together!


New kitchen art too


I had a rough day at work on Wednesday, so I decided to treat myself to a nice dinner...the adventure starts here :)


This is my good ol' standby - always delicious


The Firelily is my typical drink of choice at Central Kitchen


....but it was a wine night


They serve bread with hummus when you get there


Can't resist their steak frites (with aioli dipping sauce for the fries)


And to finish - molten chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. Worth every calorie and penny.


Next day Vanessa dragged me to Crumbs for a cupcake


Ok, ok, I confess, I'm the one that dragged her there...but who can blame me? They were on sale!


Heading out to Liberty Hotel for the weekly fashion show


Big fluffy hair 


Didn't realize it was a swimsuit fashion show


Cocktails!


Chattin' it up


Me with Han


Me with James


Courtesy of Han - he's a great photographer!


We be relaxin'


James was showing me pictures of his adorable baby brother


Again - courtesy of Han. Such a cool shot!


This poor guy...must have been up studying really late cause he was supposed to get off at Harvard...


...but missed his stop. Uh-oh.


Accidentally spilled coffee on my laptop at work...it's been quite the workweek for me


Urban art in Dewey Square


Definitely brightens up the place


This week's flowers


Breakfast at Johnny D's - my first blintz! 


Went on a day trip out to Newburyport today and it was such a cute down! This was an interesting swing...


This is my favorite scarf


:)


Me and the cap'n


I really loved these paper flowers...too bad they were $70 


Should I get it?


Funny flowers


Love ivy


Dad - I went into an antique shop all by myself ;-)


Some pretty nifty signage


Definitely some interesting items


Dad....antique heaven


Storm rolling in


And a quick pit stop at the beach


The ocean just goes on forever and ever


Instagram magic on the dunes


A little chilly, but it was still fun


...waves...


Love the feeling of sand in between my toes


Yay ocean :)


Accessories at the beach


Bye bye beach...

Now....it's time to rest. And watch my latest obsession - Modern Family.

[ Share on Pinterest ]

1 comment:

  1. Very many beautiful pictures! I've come to like Instagram very much. You and that lime green/pink sundress? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete