Sunday, June 9, 2013

Superhero Scramble!

Yesterday I, along with CJ, Mark, and Mathew, did the Superhero Scramble...a 4+ MILE race with over 20 OBSTACLES. Let me tell you - it was BRUTAL. Not only is a course like that challenging enough, but after all the rain from Tropical Storm Andrea that came the night before, it was nothing but a huge muddy mess...


The course was set up at Amesbury Sports Park*


Killer way to start a race - straight up a hill, straight back down, and straight up again (way to tire you out at the very beginning)*


First obstacle - climb up, over, and down again*


Alley-oop!*


Another obstacle - making it across the water pit (that turned into a mud pit) without falling in...I fell in...and for any obstacle you couldn't complete, you had to do 10 "Super Spins" (classic put-your-forehead-on-the-baseball-bat-and-spin) and then 10 burpees*


I made it through this one without falling into the mud pit!*

Other obstacles included running through tires, army-crawling through mud pits under *real* barbed wire, scaling 8 ft walls, jumping off 15 ft ledges into mud pits (I was too scared for that one - I absolutely hate heights), and climbing up ropes...


The group pre-race (me, CJ, Mathew, and Mark). Note the *white* shirt


Super stoked!


Post-race...note the now *brown* shirt


We KILLED that course!


Showering down post-race - that water was COLD


So happy we made it through!


The absolutely awful sunburn I got - don't worry Mom, Madeline already scolded me for not wearing sunscreen. Yes it still hurts, even after loading up on aloe and ibprofen :(

What a great way to spend a Saturday! I'm so proud I made it through the course! I definitely plan on doing it again...next time I'll train more beforehand though!

*these images taken from the Superhero Scramble Facebook page
[ Share on Pinterest ]

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks like fun--the mud, anyway, and is something I NEVER intend to do!

    ReplyDelete