Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Wedding Bells and Country Swells

My oh my...I can't even begin to describe the awesomeness that has occurred in my life these past couple of weeks. I've had sooooooooooooo much fun and great times with friends!!! As always, I'll let the pictures do the talkin':


A couple weekends ago I headed out to Spot Pond to go kayaking with my future roommates - we had a blast paddling around!


Pano shot


Abster is super daring - she wanted to get the perfect shot...


...so she balanced at the end of her kayak...


...to get the most awesome selfie! (Yup, that's the whole gang - 7 of us living together!)


One of the rest of us


Having a blast in the double kayak with Jessica


Jeff, J-Ho, and Sarah paddling along


Group shot on the pier - old-school Polaroid style :)


Later that same day....


I got to go to the Keith Urban Raise 'Em Up show!!!!


And not only did I get to see the show....I got to go BACKSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!


And it just keeps getting better - I met Danny Rader!!!!


These are all Keith's guitars (yeah we're on a first name basis)


So by now you're probably wondering how I got my hands on backstage passes...turns out my pastor, Adam, went to high school with Danny and they've remained friends. Whenever Danny performs near Boston, he invites Adam. This time around Adam had a few extra tickets, so lucky me got to invite a few friends and enjoy the show!


View from the other side...this is what it must feel like to be a rock star.


The crew - Gina, Abigail, Sarah, Kristin, Danny, me, and Adam


Opener - Brett Eldredge. He's so talented!


Next up - Jerrod Niemann


This one's for you Dad :)


Future roomies! (only 26 days til move-in!)


This girl is the sweetest - so happy to have met Kristin and get to hang out!


Can you believe this shot was taken on my iPhone??? Man I love modern technology...


I was basically within spitting distance of Keith


Singing one of my favorites - Stupid Boy (my break-up anthem freshman year of college)


Got a little clip of it :)


The one thing I constantly hear about any Keith Urban tour is that he really knows how to put on a good show...and does he ever! This was the backdrop while he sang 'Raise 'Em Up'


Awww yeaaaaaaah


SO. MANY. PEOPLE.


Jerrod and Brett came out on stage to sing a country classic with Keith


I still can't get over how close we were


He was RIGHT. THERE.


The band


So cool to have just met this guy and then see him jamming out on stage!!!


This is one of my favorite KU songs....I have no idea how I ended up capturing it sideways! 


Final bow


What an AMAZING show!!!


That's a wrap folks


Sleeping beauties konked out in the back


Next day got to wake up bright and early for kids church...


*somebody* wasn't thrilled with being up so early


I gotta tell ya - it was a jam-packed weekend. That afternoon I headed down to Rehobeth, MA, for my friend Amanda's wedding. Dress...


...and makeup :)


Little did I know I ended up matching her wedding colors!


It was a little cloudy/drizzly earlier in the day but the sun came out for the wedding and reception!


GORGEOUS reception tent


And the wedding cake 


My 'date' ;-)


I *loved* her place settings/colors/decorations...definitely filing these ideas away if I ever need them (tee-hee)


First dance


Pink champagne for the toast


A mini ConnectEDU reunion! Amanda and her former manager, Linda, and coworker, Sudeep


Half of our original EP class - me, Amanda, and Adanna


What a beautiful place for a wedding - Five Bridge Inn


So for anyone that knows me, my go-to dessert/candy/sweet flavor is chocolate. I was over at Flour Bakery and this lemon raspberry tarte caught my eye and I just *had* to try it...and it was scrumptious :)


Reason #2493 I like working for Bullhorn - I get crazy awesome chairs like this that help strengthen my core!


I love that moment when you're pouring the cream into your coffee and it makes pretty designs (the simplest things make me happy)


Look at this guy and his little dude haircut! They grow up way too fast...


CANNOT WAIT!!!!


Last week Bullhorn had our annual company summer outing...took 3 buses to get us there!


We headed up to Crane Estate in Ipswich...


...and were greeted with quite the spread! There was this cheese station, a popcorn chicken station...


...a nacho bar and cotton candy machine...


...and tables set with these....(oh I wonder what this is for!)


Set up games on the lawn...


And then lunch was brought out! Why yes, that's a boat full of LOBSTAH


Om nom nom nom nom - we should totally do this every week!


I may be a foodie, but believe it or not this was the first time I ever shelled my own lobster! Let's just say I can check it off my bucket list and never do it again.


Post-lunch food coma trip to the beach


Such a beautiful day!


SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got Cookie Monstah for dessert!!!!


I got my 'usual' - Chocolate Chunk Cookie with Peanut Butter Ice Cream


Left my phone on a table...came back to this surprise from Joe. 


Red hair/Don't care


Barrington Coffee is running an Affogato August special. I think this may just be one of the most amazing desserts I've ever put in my mouth. So simple...but oh so delicious. They bring in Toscanini vanilla bean ice cream, pour over a shot of espresso, and sprinkle with cocoa powder and sugar. The strong/slightly bitter espresso pairs *perfectly* with the sweet creaminess of the ice cream. The hot espresso/cold ice cream contrast is also quite nice. It's only offered on Fridays in August so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts...


Friday night I hosted a party at my apartment - a combination farewell party (leaving my apartment of 3 years) and Arbonne party


I made individual 7 layer Mexican dips and Mexican Chocolate Pots de Creme


Pink lemonade cocktails too :)


Hahaha Blonde is prepping her skin to try some Arbonne goodies


Ladies trying things out


Sarah helping Jenny with her makeup


I have been using the samples Abby gave me for the past week or so and honestly this is the first time I can remember trying out a product and having it work so well so quickly. I'm so excited to get the full-sized products!


Awwwwwwwwwwww - twinsies!!! Had to include this picture my mom sent me of Olivia and Benjamin taken for Liv's birthday. Happy Birthday to my baby seester!!!


A lot of people know that Gloria *loves* to do arts & crafts projects, so a couple ladies from church gave me some extra art supplies for her - she had a blast this past weekend!


Look what my face can do! Yup, I'm a goofball  

So, as you can see, it's been a pretty spectacular past couple of weeks. I never thought I would be one of those people who is constantly on the go and has a calendar chock full of back-to-back engagements, but that's what it's been like this summer. I'm actually really looking forward to fall, to moving into my new place, settling in, and taking a breather...but not before I have a few more fun summer adventures ;-)
[ Share on Pinterest ]

No comments:

Post a Comment