Thursday, August 28, 2014

The calm before the storm...

I'm moving...for the first time in 3 years. Oh no, I'm not leaving Boston. I'm not even leaving Somerville. I'm moving into a house a mile away from my current apartment with some awesome people...but a) September 1 is the biggest moving day of the year in Boston, b) I don't have a moving truck booked, c) I'm not even halfway done packing and d) I. DON'T. WANNA. And it's not that I don't want to move into this amazing new space...I just don't want to have to go through the process of moving. UGH. So anyway, I wanted to share you a few more pictures from Simon's visit and the other things I've been up to the past few weeks before I crawl into the hole that is moving in Boston and unpacking and redecorating my new room for a little while.



A few weeks ago I led Bible study - I taught 1st Timothy 4... Definitely took a lot of preparation!


My walk to the train station...I love how beautiful this city is!


Obsessed with Affogatos. I'm sad that they're only offered during the month of August...it's become a weekly tradition now


Christie has been joining me for Affogatos - I think this is our first picture we've ever taken together! And we just so happened to wear matching coral sweaters...


Later that day I got to babysit these kiddos - movie night!


Tee-hee! 


We did a great series on the Apostles' Creed - you should definitely check it out! 


*gasp* they changed up the Chicken & Biscuits to Chicken & Waffles at Commonwealth! I like them both ways...
 

The next book I'm working through...


Oh happy day! I got the last pack of peanut m&m's


I'm kind of obsessed with Valerie Wieners art...


...like maybe just a little ;-)


How on earth have I been missing out on the wonderfulness that is nectarines for so long??? They're delicious! New favorite fruit...


On my walk last week - it's iconic 


The cinnamon sugar brioche from Flour Bakery is just so...soooooooo good


Last week - dinner with my girlies, Loren and Sarah. I love the chips and dip trio you get at Lolita's


Lolita's always ends dinner with a green apple cotton candy with red pop rocks sprinkled in - I got a huge craving for them and had to go get some!


Last Saturday - one of the last lazy days of summer. Beach day with Lynnae, Kristin, and Melissa 


No idea how there was so much purple sand...


Just laying out :)


The essentials - snacks, water, and a magazine


Group shot


No trip to the North Shore would be complete without a stop at the Clam Box. Yeah you might wait in line for an hour just to place your order, but it's worth it ;-)


Sunday morning - up early to look after this girl while her parents worked on the set-up team


She was all smiles!


Couldn't you just EAT. HER. UP?!?!?


Baby dedication that day.


A premonition of what's to come... 


Totally moved this lounge chair all by myself!


From the beginning of Simon's visit last week


Simon doing Simon-y things :)


Our starter - *love* fresh oysters!


And the view at our table


YUM (shot courtesy of Simon) 


I just can't get over this view. I could totally be a beach bum if I lived some place where I got to see *this* every night


Mmmm mussels


So. Much. Seafood. (Seafood scampi)


The next day, Simon and I headed to Wink & Nod for a pre-dinner cocktail


....and then we headed to The Beehive for dinner


We both got the Caprese Salad with tomato, mozzarella, crispy zucchini flower, and roasted corn to start - it was absolutely delicious!


We also got a side of roasted corn with sriracha butter (my mouth is watering as I type that) and I opted to get the Lemon organic chicken with greek bread salad, kale sprouts, mint, cukes, and yogurt. I hardly ever order chicken but this sounded amazing and I was not disappointed! 



Getting ready for L'espalier - doing my hair and make up :)


I took the day after our big L'espalier dinner off from work since I knew we would be out late...the next day was absolutely gorgeous! We went for a walk around Beacon Hill and then along the Charles


Arthur Fiedler memorial


*Finally* got my Lumo Lift after ordering it off of KickStarter months ago! It helps you with your posture (vibrates when you slouch) and counts steps/calories. It's a great little device!


Ever since I got a smartphone I've been using the calendar on it, but I miss having an actual planner (I still have my planners from college and flip through them to see what I did years ago), so I got one!


It's *color coded* - yes I'm Type A. :-D


On my walk home after a bachelorette dinner for Vanessa last Thursday


South Station was all lit up too :)


Sometimes, life demands ice cream. In a cone. From JP Licks.


Finally started packing on Saturday. You don't realize how much stuff you have until you need to pack it.


I walked a mile JUST IN MY APARTMENT from packing. Am I the only one who thinks that's crazy?!


Cute chubby baby legs! Look at how adorable her socks are! This is one of the many reasons I love being the nursery teacher at church


On Sunday, Gloria and I went out to the USS Constitution


She loved the museum! She put on a puppet show for me...


...played games...


...and learned how to scrub the deck.


Art installation on my walk to work :)

And that's what I've been up to lately! Life is about to get a little hectic with my move, having 6 new roommates, church stuff, students moving back to Boston...*deep breath* Here we go!


[ Share on Pinterest ]

1 comment:

  1. You are a crazy girl! I love that pic of the peanut m&ms!

    ReplyDelete