Sunday, October 7, 2012

This is 25 :)

This has been a pretty amazing and epic week...because it was my birthday week! I'll let the pictures do the talking :)


Monday - started out the week by trying a pizza place I've been meaning to try in Harvard Square


Otto


YUM - Mom you would love this (eggplant and ricotta pizza)


On to my first college lecture in 2 years! Isn't Harvard beautiful in the fall?


Sunset


Waiting in line for the *free* public lecture...


...for Science and Cooking!


I learned the physics behind why a molten chocolate cake is molten in the middle


And then got to see chefs from around the world do cooking demonstrations illustrating the science principles we just learned... I saw:

Fina Puigdevall, Les Cols
Pere Planagumà, Les Cols
Paco Perez, Miramar


That's buckwheat spaghetti in a reduced vegetable broth


Buckwheat


Soup's up!


Final display


Cutting the wheat cake into cubes


I got my very own cube of buckwheat - just add water! I still need to try it


A-MAZING


And I got to try some! This was a cotton-candy confection with toasted pine nuts (realized I may be allergic to these too when my lips started swelling and blistering...womp womp), parmesan cheese, basil, and other goodies. Delicious minus the allergic reaction


I love fall :)


FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!! :) From the lovely Vanessa - she knows sunflowers are my favorite :)


So pretty - they made my work week so happy


Snack drawer haha


Tea time with CJ!


Isn't she lovely? 


Cute tea room


:)


Mmmmmmmm tea


And scones and sandwiches and pastries


I haven't had a tea party since I was little - this was awesome!


:-D


LOOK WHAT CJ GOT ME!!!!!!! My very own star!!!! 


SO EXCITED - my Onna Ehrlich bag *finally* came in...it's been quite the ordeal trying to get it and dealing with their unresponsive customer service, but I got it in before my birthday so I was happy :)


Found a juicer in the office...


So Evan and Radekal made juice!


Doesn't look that great...


...but it was tasty!


Birthday drinks with the ladies!


Oh hey Adanna


Oh hey margarita :)


And Rebecca and Amanda and a GIANT pitcher of sangria


Careful don't spill!


They got me a cake!!!! I got to make a wish! And it came true... :)


Yay :) 


Ready for bday festivities!


Fall


And more fall


And even more fall (so New England-y)


Me with Sarah and Loren at the winery


Picnic time!


CJ, Mark, Hilary, Gavin


Nom nom nom


Picnic food


The winery


The traditional cider donut and cider


:) 


Enjoying some fall goodness



We take so many pictures together, her phone thinks she's me!


:)


:)


Aww



Picking apples


Got it!


So cute :)
 

Traditional jumping picture


James and Han dueling...


...only James stepped in a puddle


Oops


Not happy lol


We got our apples!


Even more fall 


Out to Estate for dancing


Spin that music


Roomies + Juan - such a fun night!

And that, dear readers, was my 25th birthday. I can't wait to see what this year brings!
[ Share on Pinterest ]

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I'm about half way through and freezing out here, so I'll finish the rest inside--love the bag, and the freeze dried buckwheat cube--how elegant! Snark.

    ReplyDelete