Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Catching up....

So I went a little out of order on things because of the Montreal post (didn't want to include random photos outside of our trip) so I'm going to catch up on a few things that happened!


My current reading endeavor (Hope and Ashley made me do it)...if it's cool enough outside, I like to sit on my front porch and read :)


I fell off the bandwagon for the past....year....or so. Trying hard to get back on it - it's tough to get back in shape! Lesson learned - it's much easier to stay in shape than to get back into it. 


I've been reading a lot of great scripture lately


One morning I walked into the station...and was greeted with this. Let's just say I was a wee bit late to work that morning.


This is why we're friends :)


'Merica has spoken!


Too pretty not to photo - the $1 Oysters at Commonwealth are da bomb!


Put this together for Father's day....love you Daddio!!!


Awwww


My dad isn't a tie guy...he's a sock guy :-D


Baby Emily (#tbt)


It's amazing the different photos you can get just by where you put the focus...


...this was taken a second later but with a different focus - too cool, huh?


The company I work for, Bullhorn, had its annual customer conference back in June - it was awesome to go to my first one!


Sessions were packed!


Our very cool logo-ed pillows at the BHL (Bullhorn Live) party 


Too funny not to share....I think I saw it on Facebook at some point


This kid....cracks me up


I've been gradually working to update my room decor (for the first time in 4 years) and have decided on grey, yellow, and white with pops of coral and teal. I found this gem on Etsy for $10!


I hung it next to my vanity to hold all my necklaces



Along with finding treasures for my room, I've also started DIY projects (first time ever!) This is the 'before' picture of my lamp


Aaaaaaaaaaaand the 'after' picture! Isn't it pretty?


I've been doing my devotions outside in the mornings...I started doodling in my sketchbook again too :)


Breakfast - QUICHE. Soooooo easy - I just hit up the antipasto bar at Whole Foods for some pesto, roasted garlic cloves, and sundried tomatoes and pour cheese and eggs over it. Takes 2 seconds to make and is oh so tasty


Seen in Anthropologie...but they want $20 for it! I can have my dad make me the same thing for....nothing (love you Dad)


Because people are in and out of town for the summer, I met up with Melissa and Brianna from my community group at The Sinclair a few Wednesdays ago...tasty tots were had by all


Right in Harvard Square with a great roof deck - y'all should check it out!


The Cookie Monstah food truck loves to camp out near my office on weekday afternoons. It takes every ounce of willpower that I have not to go every day. One Friday, I couldn't hold out any longer....and got a double chocolate chip cookie with peanut butter ice cream (my own 'Reese's sandwich' of sorts)


Met up with my friend Jenn for dinner one night at Dorado Tacos....oh my goodness! You have to try the pork cemitas, the Dorado (fish taco)....


...and the grilled corn. I'm salivating now...


Block party in Cambridge! The section off part of Mass Ave and have a DJ and everybody just has fun and dances :)


Adam gave a great message on romance and dating - you should listen to it!


Baby selfie!


Latest drink obsession...I really like rose-flavored things


Lunch for last week (inspired by my friend Sam) - cheesy polenta with garlic roasted brussel sprouts, stewed tomatoes, and topped with maple bacon. Oh my goodness was it delicious!


Continuing on with the DIY renovations...decided to paint my nightstand and vanity white (I'll get an after picture soon)


Another funny :)


They come up with the darndest things! Tried my first 'Corona-rita' (and it was tasty)


Devotions


This past Friday I went out with church friends to do karaoke at DoReMi


Very cool because we got our own room!


The gang's all here!


Arion brought these AWESOME cookies - I'm going to have to track them down and get them again.


Out for post-singing drinks and snacks


Aaaaaaaaaaaand we're back on the bandwagon, for realz this time. I'm juicing for dinner - a combo of grapefruit, orange, lemon, romaine lettuce, kale, mint, and a dollop of honey


A girl after my own heart - always the last one to leave the snack table :)


On Sunday I took Gloria to the playground in the commons (a request she had made the week before)


I let her run around and I did my devotions. Outside. (Are you sensing a theme?)


After she wore herself out, we rode the carousel!


That night (Sunday was a really full day) I headed over to what will be my new living space come September to have dinner with my future roommates. Rounded out the night with s'mores - sooooooo good :)


This morning - woke up for a quick run and then devotions on the front porch. Got a good reminder that I shouldn't worry about tomorrow....and this is not a suggestion, but a command. Takes the stress out of the situation, doesn't it?


Lunch this week - as you can see, I'm trying to get back to healthy habits. I've been eating waaaaaaaaaaay too much fried foods, takeout, stuff with butter and cream, and not enough veggies and lean proteins. Gotta balance things out a bit, especially before Simon comes to visit in August (and we do our normal foodie thing). I made Thai Chicken Tacos and Edamole - both are delicious!
And there you have it - I'm all caught up! For now, anyways.... :)

[ Share on Pinterest ]

No comments:

Post a Comment