Thursday, May 9, 2013

Simple Pleasures



On my walk to work this morning, saw this little guy :)

I love love LOVE "Simple Pleasures." These are flashes of pure joy and happiness that I get from moments in my day...this morning it happened when I walked out of my front door and saw a beautiful snail chugging along. 

I love these moments so much that I have a board on Pinterest dedicated to pictures that capture the happy feelings I get (you can look at it [here]). As I was looking through the board of my favorite Simple Pleasures, I noticed a theme...most of them involve either a) sunshine, b) fresh flowers or c) warm soothing beverages (and sometimes a pastry accompaniment). 

Whenever I'm feeling stressed or upset, my immediate go-to thoughts are:
  • Walking down the street on my way home to my apartment with sunshine on my face, looking up at the sky, feeling warm, with a slight breeze and flowers all around me
  • Curled up inside while it's cold and rainy outside in a fuzzy blanket with a cup of hot tea watching some chick flick and reading a good book
  • That perfect moment when you're sitting in a beautiful restaurant, having just ordered exactly what you were craving, and taking that perfect bite of melt-in-your-mouth steak (I close my eyes and smile and sigh when this happens)
These things make me happy :)
[ Share on Pinterest ]

1 comment:

  1. I love, Love, LOVE this post! I have those go-to thoughts as well, and when I'm at one of my jobs, I can't keep a smile from my face as I look around at how beautiful it is. Simple pleasures are the good stuff of LIFE!

    ReplyDelete