Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hot hot summer

Just last week it was nice...a little nippy...chilly even... This week it's like someone decided to bake cookies on the sidewalk and had to have a temperature to match. It's been ROASTING...

Ok, on to what I've been up to...


I LOVE to cook. This is super simple - sauteed garlic, cherry tomatoes, and chicken over angel hair pasta


Mom came to visit me and we found an Asian grocery store in Porter Square...I had no idea what half of it was...


????


To go with the dried crabs I got in Chinatown in NYC...


Dad - THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! (You guys have no idea how hard it is to find a good cast iron skillet and Dad sent me one *pre-seasoned*) I can't wait to eat my spaghetti sauce :) And I have more of Mom's jam.....I'm so lucky!


So for any of you who are Facebook friends, you may have seen my status bemoaning the lack of southern food on Seamless ('biscuits' search result = 0, 'fried chicken' search result = 0)...but Mom made me my very own homemade biscuits!


Don't they look AMAZING???


That's the way we do it in the south - biscuits, gravy (with mustard on top), eggs, and bacon - mmmmmmmmmmm


Love you Mom!!!!!


Loved the look of this cute little shop


We stumbled upon this little gem on an evening walk...Life Alive!


Freshly made juices


"The Emperor" - SO GOOD


Hmmmm....what's this I'm drinking?


A little too healthy for me....(only for you Mom)


Onward and upward with the health kick - let's make a smoothie!


I've never had fresh papaya before - the seeds were kinda gross


Mmmmmmmmmmmm


Prep work


Strawberries, papaya, spinach, honey, and almond milk


Mom made me my favorite cake too


IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!


Had to go back to Life Alive - this time for "The Goddess" with avocado and egg


I forgot what Mom got, but it was good too


First ever wheatgrass shot....really grassy (and 1 oz = 1 lb of greens)


I showed Mom the wonder that is Diesel Cafe...and she's hooked!


Back in the office - time for some tea :)


And now, folks, we come to the highlight of my week - my first Polegression class! I'm always looking for fun and interesting ways to work out (cause I get bored so easily) and let me tell you...this is the first time I've actually had fun while working out! 


Here we goooooooooooooo


You learn to do everything on the floor first before doing anything on the pole (and I have no upper body strength, so it'll be awhile before that happens)


Making progress on my first day! I discovered muscles I had no idea I had...this is a legitimate workout that I recommend everyone (guys and gals alike) try!


On my walk to work - love it :)


Awwwww - look what Vanessa brought back for me from Vegas! (and it's a good thing too - I didn't have a key ring haha)


Dinner with the upcoming roomies...over apps we were discussing our religious backgrounds when James asked what I was. I said I was raised Episcopalian and Han goes "oh, the ones that only eat fish" and James goes "no dummy, those are pescatarians." I can already tell I'm gonna love living with these guys :)


Apps


Tasty pasta


Today, James really wanted to go shopping...


So Han and I came along for the ride...


I haven't been to Cheesecake Factory since my 23rd birthday...gotta get those Avocado Eggrolls...


...and my pasta....


...and cheesecake... (don't worry! I shared with the guys)


Seriously considered getting these shoes to go with my purse...but ended up getting a dress on sale for $20 from GAP!

So I'm hoping that this week I'll be able to post a Monday Musings with Manny - he's said some crazy stuff this week!!!
[ Share on Pinterest ]

1 comment:

  1. Wow--the shoes! Maybe you could go back and see if they're still there?

    ReplyDelete