Monday, May 14, 2012

Missing school...(never thought I'd say that)

This past weekend I got to go back to Chapel Hill for my younger sister's college graduation from the best university on the planet - UNC Chapel Hill! Not only did I get to see my whole family for the first time since Christmas, but I also got to meet up with friends and see campus for the first time in a year (my first visit back since I moved up here). Let's just say it was both fun/awesome and bittersweet...


Mmmmmm lunch for the week - ginger shrimp and green onions over Thai rice noodles


Surprisingly I made it through college without this addiction...funny how work did it to me.


Look what Adanna brought from her vacation in Turkey!


New fashion trend? Knee socks and loafers?


This is what happens in an office fridge. Ew.


Just a friendly game of Office Pen (Manny throws a pen up in the air and whoever it points to has to fill the candy jar....so fun)


Tommy made a new friend


My cute New England lane


Pretty wall mural


I'm HOME


Waiting for Madeline to pick me up with my trusty tote (all the way from Florence, Italy)


First stop - duh


Ready to graduate! (She let me do her hair and make up)


Siblings


There we goooooooo....walkin down the streeeeeeeeeet


Something tickled her :)


The ladies (minus Olivia)


Proud parents :)


And there it is ladies and gents - the moment we've all been waiting for for the past 17 years of education


Trying the Monkey's walk


Strike a pose


And jump for joy!!!!


I miss my Friday kvetching board...


Having a blasty blast in Mad's new car


Haha


???


He's growing teeth!


We had way too much fun with these jumpy pictures


Haha goober


Dinner at a Mexican restaurant (isn't he absolutely adorable???)


Weird photo angle - I don't look like myself (or my Dad...and everybody says I take after him)


Old haunts - Top-O!


I got to meet up with Murph...we started out at He's Not and ended up at Linda's so I could try their cheesy fries for the first time


Goofing around during the commencement ceremony


Gosh I miss campus


Here they come!


Whoa


Look at all that gorgeous Carolina Blue


I got to see Natalie!!!! She's home from her PhD program in Scotland


The graveyard in campus....


...looks like a peaceful resting place


Mother's Day Lunch :)


Went to Cup of Joe with Sam and Alex and saw these interesting art pieces


....and then we went to a FroYo place (can't get enough of it!)


If I could have it breakfast, lunch, and dinner I would


Me 'n' Sam


Flight home...I'm terrified of flying, but you can see some pretty awesome views


Bye bye family, friends, and UNC - until next time....



[ Share on Pinterest ]

1 comment:

  1. I've never had Turkish Delight. Will you ask Adanna if she'll be my new best friend?

    ReplyDelete